Memorial Day Weekend is a great way to gather family and friends together to commemorate our fallen heroes. A barbecue or a dinner is some of the many ways people celebrate Memorial Day. If you are still looking for Memorial Day Weekend recipes to serve to your guests, we’ve come up with the ones that would impress even the pickiest eaters.
Who doesn’t love eating hamburgers? Adults and kids love a good old-fashioned cheeseburger. Simply grill the hamburger patties, serve them in a bun and let your guests top it with their favorite relishes and sauces. Here’s our simple hamburger patty recipe.
1½ pounds of lean ground beef
½ finely chopped onion
½ Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 ounce of dry onion soup mix
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of dried parsley
1 teaspoon of dried basil
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
½ teaspoon of crushed dried rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Set up your grill and preheat it.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together. Once the ingredients are mixed well, form them into patties. This recipe makes 4 patties.
3. Grill the patties on your griller for 5 minutes each side. Once done, serve them on toasted buns and let your guests dress them with their preferred condiments.
Here are some tools you can use for your Memorial Day Weekend barbecue.
1. Portable Gas Grill and Griddle Combo Cooking Station, $199.99 at HSN 2. Picnic Table Condiment Set, $11.59 at Target 3. Navy Blue 9” Plastic Plates, $10 at Target 4. Classic Red Disposable Cups, $6.45 at Target 5. Cuisinart 3-Piece Grilling Tool Set, $12.19 at Target
Mac and Cheese
You can never go wrong with a good Mac and Cheese recipe. This classic dish is easy to cook and serve. Follow this easy recipe and make parents and kids happy this Memorial Day Weekend!
2 tablespoons of butter, unsalted
2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon of sea salt
2½ cups of whole milk
¾ cup of heavy cream
1 pound of grated cheese
¼ teaspoon of hot sauce
3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
1½ cups of fresh bread crumbs of Panko
12 ounces of pasta
1. Preheat oven and butter your baking dish.
2. Heat unsalted water in a large pot. Once water is boiling, pour in the pasta and cook until al dente. Once cooked, drain the pasta but don’t rinse.
3. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Pour in the flour and stir. Whisk the butter and flour together until the flour has a little color.
4. In medium heat, stir in the mustard, cream, and ¾ of the grated cheese. Add salt and paper to taste.
5. Add the pasta to the sauce and stir. Pour the pasta into the baking pan. Sprinkle the grated cheese and Panko over the pasta.
6. Bake the pasta in the oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until the cheese bubbles or turns to a golden brown color.
You can get these items to create your Mac and Cheese dish.
1. Old Mountain Cast Iron Baking Pan, $39.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond 2. Home Basics Stainless Steel Cheese Grater, $27.98 at Joss & Main 3. All-Clad 6-Quart Pasta Pot, $99.99 at Crate & Barrel 4. Villeroy & Boch Sereno XXL Pasta Serving Spoon, $34 at Bloomingdale’s 5. William’s Sonoma Ultimate Oven Mitt, $15.96 at Wiliams-Sonoma
Moist Chocolate Cake
Finally, don’t forget your dessert! A classic dessert that’s always a favorite. This recipe is perfect for your guests who have a sweet tooth. Try this recipe and serve a little sweetness during your Memorial Day Weekend dinner.
1 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
2 cups of white sugar, granulated
1 ½ teaspoon of baking soda
¾ cups of unsweetened cocoa powder
¾ teaspoon of salt
2 eggs, large
½ cup of melted butter
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of hot coffee or 2 teaspoons of instant coffee in 1 cup of boiling water
1 cup of buttermilk
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Flour and grease two 9-inch baking pans. You can opt to line your pans using parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, stir the flour, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and salt together. Add the eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract, and buttermilk. Beat until the mixture is smooth.
3. Stir in the hot coffee using a rubber spatula. Take note that the batter will have a runny consistency.
4. Pour the batter into the baking pans. Bake for 35 minutes. You can poke a toothpick into the cakes to check if it comes out clean or with only a few cake crumbs.
5. Once baked, cool the cake for 15 minutes. Remove the cakes and frost or decorate it with your favorite icing.
Try these baking tools to make it easier to bake this recipe.
1. KitchenAid Artisan 5QT Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, $379.99 at Gilt 2. Circulon 9-inch Nonstick Round Cake Pan, $14.99 at JCPenney 3. CakeBoss Novelty 4-Piece Spatula and Spoonula Set, $25.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond 4. 10-inch Offset Pastry Spatula, $11.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond 5. Wilton Deluxe Decorating Set, $39.95 at Sur La Table
When it comes to satisfying the tastes of your guests this Memorial Day Weekend, you can stick with classic and easy recipes. These delicious dishes will satisfy your guests’ appetites.
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.