Skincare regimen differs from person to person. Therefore, you need to understand your skin type. The lack of proper skincare can result in skin problems, especially pimples. Whenever they appear, we tend to blame them on the same reasons. We blame our lack of sleep, failure to remove your makeup, or dirty makeup brushes. However, pimples are sometimes caused by one important factor – your body. There are many reasons why pimples appear and understanding them is important to create the right skincare regimen for you.
What is Facemapping?
Facemapping is an ancient Chinese principle or practice that helps you see each body organ’s reflection on the different parts of your face. Each part corresponds to a specific body organ. Different body organs and parts are connected to your different skin conditions. Understanding facemapping can give you an insight on why those pesky pimples keep appearing on the same spot on your face.
1. On Your Forehead
Too much pimples on your forehead may mean that there’s too much junk food in your diet. Breakouts on your forehead are the result of your digestive system problems. Too much processed food and your favorite bag of Cheetos may cause your digestive system to have a hard time breaking them down. This results in forehead breakouts. Fix this problem by changing your diet. Include more fruits and vegetables in your daily meals. You can also try these products for your forehead pimples:
1. Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser, $7.99 at ULTA 2. Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Leave On Mask, $5.28 at Bed Bath & Beyond 3. Nexcare Acne Absorbing Covers, $7.99 at Walgreens 4. Avene Cleanance Expert, $26 at Dermstore 5. Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions Maximum Strength Spot Treatment Cream, $9.39 at Target
2. On the Cheeks
When pimples appear on your cheeks, it means you may have problems with your respiratory system. They may also indicate that you’re too exposed to allergies as well as pollution. You can fix this naturally by ensuring that your surroundings are clean. Be sure to wash your hands before you touch your face. Wipe your phone and your items clean as you may pick up harmful germs and bacteria that cause breakouts. Deal with those pesky breakouts on your cheeks by using these skincare products:
1. Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser, $24 at Credo 2. Peter Thomas Roth Acne-Clear Invisible Dots, $28 at StrawberryNet 3. MISSHA Super Aqua Ultra Waterful Active Toner, $20 at Target 4. Yes To Cucumber Hypoallergenic Facial Wipes, $8.49 at Target
3. Between Your Eyebrows
If you have pimples between your eyebrows, your liver might have a problem. You may be drinking alcohol or smoking too much. Between-the-brow acne may also be the result of being exposed to second-hand smoke. To fix this problem, try hitting the gym instead of going on happy hour. Exercise, eat healthy, and keep yourself well hydrated. For skincare products that work on this type of pimple problem, you can try these:
1. COSRX Acne Pimple Master Patch, $6 at ULTA 2. SheaMoisture African Black Soap Problem Skin Facial Mask, $12.99 at ULTA 3. Kiehl’s Blue Herbal Spot Treatment, $18 at Bergdorf Goodman 4. Vichy Normaderm Beautifying Anti-Acne Care, $25 at Dermstore 5. Cetaphil Foaming Facial Cleanser, $8.99 at ULTA
4. On the Nose
Breakouts on the nose indicate that you’re undergoing too much stress as well as fatigue. It’s connected to your heart health when your blood pressure and your blood flow are affected due to increasing fatigue and stress levels. You need to avoid coffee to fix this problem the right way. Get enough rest and sleep, too. An eight-hour sleep is all you need to prevent this type of breakout. Try these products to help with your nose breakouts.
1. Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser, $6.29 at Target 2. Eucerin Redness Relief Soothing Cleanser, $5.19 at Target 3. Generation Clay Detoxifying Charcoal Clay Mask, $39 at Revolve 4. Neutrogena Visibly Even Neutrogena Exfoliating Blackhead Salicylic Acid Face Scrub, $6.69 at Target 5. Tata Harper Clarifying Mask, $68 at Birchbox
5. On the Chin
You’re experiencing hormonal imbalance if you develop pimples on your chin. It may be PMS or hormonal-related problems that are causing your skin to breakout. Prevent this by eating healthy and managing your stress levels properly. Try doing relaxing exercises such as meditation as well as taking some yoga classes. You can also try out these skincare products for your chin pimples.
1. Murad Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment, $22 at QVC 2. GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment Mask, $47.53 at Harrods 3. Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Daily Cleanser, $9.99 at Walgreens 4. Burt’s Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream, $14.99 at Smallflower 5. Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater, $17 at StrawberryNet
You can easily find the right skincare regimen by understanding the reasons behind your pimples. Facemapping can help you become more aware of your diet, lifestyle, and health issues. For more skincare tips, you can visit TheTeelieBlog.com.
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.