Christmas Day is only two days away and most of us are busy preparing for the big day. While there’s a lot of pressure on hostesses to whip up a feast, we’re here to give you some super easy tips for last minute food preparations. In fact, you can impress your guests with this quick and easy Christmas cookies anyone can do in just 30 minutes! Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a fresh-out-of-college young adult who wants to help mom in the kitchen, this recipe inspired by Good Housekeeping will surely please.
You’ll need some store-bought dough, a pin roller, some flour, and food decor. A few minutes in the freezer before you put them in the oven and you’re all set. Let’s begin!
1 Sweet Megan Edible Bake-able Gluten Free Cookie Dough 6 oz. (Sugar), Amazon 2 Cup4Cup Gluten Free Flour, 3 lb, Amazon 3 Roll it out Christmas Wooden Rolling Pin Engraved Embossing Rolling Pin with Christmas Symbols, 43cm, Amazon 4 Ann Clark Cookie Cutters Christmas Cookie Cutter Set with Recipe Card, 11 Piece with Holiday Shapes Snowflake, Christmas Tree, Candy Cane, Reindeer and More (USA Made Steel), Amazon 5 Wilton Holiday Nonpareils, 7.5-Ounce, Amazon
1. Grab your sugar cookie dough and knead it as indicated in the instructions.
2. Break up the dough into pieces. Grab your board and put 1/2 cup of flour on it. Knead in your dough at little at a time until the consistency becomes smooth.
3. Using a pin roll, roll the dough until it’s about 1/4-inch thick. Take your Christmas-themed cookie cutters and cut away! Form the dough from the leftovers and cut more cookies as much as you can.
4. Make sure to set your cut out cookies on a baking sheet. Decorate them with a variety of sprinkles or sugar.
5. Toss them in the freezer for 30 minutes. Once done, bake as indicated in the store-bought dough packaging.
Take this a step further and use these homemade goodies as gifts! Aside from serving these delicious quick and easy Christmas cutout cookies during your party or dinner, you can also bake some for giveaways. All you need is some creative packaging. Here are some of our favorites.
6 Christmas Treat Santa Boxes, Etsy 7 White Reindeer Christmas Cookies Box or Gift Boxes with Handle, Etsy 8 Self Adhesive Christmas White Dots Cookie Gift Bags, Etsy 9 Self Adhesive Christmas Tree Print Gift Bags Clear Plastic, Candy Cookie Gift Bags in Red (Pack of 5), Etsy 10 Christmas Cookie Bags, Etsy
We’ve got more Christmas preparation tips for you in the links below. Don’t forget to bookmark The Teelie Blog for more amazing party preparation tips and advice. We hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.