When you think about home improvement, you immediately think about the hundreds of dollars you need to spend to keep your home looking neat, clean, and lovely. But what if we told you that improving your home can be done on a shoestring budget? Of course, we’re not talking about a major renovation, but simple little investments and small changes to make your home look and feel great. Before we head over to the list of 10 things you need for home improvement on a budget, here are some bank account-friendly tips on renovating and revamping your space.
- Recycle! We’re big on recycling nowadays because it not only cuts costs, it also helps lessen the waste that the world is already dealing with. Renovations may create lots of waste and you’ll probably be throwing out doors, metal components, windows, plumbing fixtures, and the like. Before throwing them out, however, check to see if they are still usable with a little fixing here and there and a new coat of paint. If you’re into DIY upcycling and such crafty activities, save these materials from disposal for your next project.
- Create a budget and follow it. A budget will dictate how you source and spend on materials. Before you head out and get estimates or window shop for new materials and other knick knacks for your home, create a budget to guide you through your buying processes. Factor in an extra amount for unforeseen expenses such as patching holes and other surprises.
- Invest in storage and keep things organized. You would be surprised to see the difference when you tidy up your home. Storage containers will help you declutter and keep things in tip top shape if you want to use them in the future. As for things that do need to go, donate them or hold a garage sale. You might benefit from some #Konmari around your home!
Here are some of our picks for home improvement on a budget. Start creating your wish lists today!
1. Bathtub Stingray Floor Drain Cover
Whether it’s for your kitchen or your bathroom, this floor drain cover effectively keeps vegetable cuttings, hair, and other materials out of the drain. It is shaped like a stingray, adding some whimsy to your home. It features four suctions to ensure that it stays on the drain. Easy to lift and clean. Shop at Amazon.
2. Cinf Jewelry Dish Tray
Perfect as a Mother’s Day gift, this jewelry dish tray will keep earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, and other trinkets in place, making your dresser more organized and neat. It is crafted from high quality glazed ceramic and is perfect for use on dressers, nightstands, in the bedroom or bathroom, or in the dressing room counters or shelves. It can also be placed by the sink in the bathroom to reduce the risk of losing rings or earrings down the drain! Shop at Amazon.
3. Baynne Linen Laundry Basket
Keep dirty laundry or children’s toys corralled in this super useful laundry basket that’s made of eco-friendly material. it features a fun, whimsical design that is perfect for any children’s room or laundry room. It’s lightweight so your kids can carry it back to their rooms once it’s empty and has a large capacity to fit all of their dirty laundry or toys for when they are done playing. Shop at Amazon.
4. Senya LED Plug-in Night Light, Smart Dusk to Dawn Sensor
This curious little panda is a perfect addition to any children’s room, hallway, corridor, or anywhere you need a dim light at night. It features a sensor and a photoconductive resistance inside the night light that detects external light, turning it off to save electricity. It automatically lights up at dusk and turns off at dawn. It also features a cute panda design that kids will love. Shop at Amazon.
5. AnCintre Wreath Hanger, Adjustable Length from 15″ to 25″
If you’re a homemaker who loves to add wreaths to the front door every season, you’ll need to invest in this adjustable wreath hanger. It is perfect for hanging any type of wreath on the door, as you can adjust its length from 15 inches to 25 inches. It fits doors 1.8 inch thick and less and features a heavy duty design that can hold up to 20 pounds. It is made of durable metal and features a smooth surface and soft pads to protect your door from scratches. Shop at Amazon.
6. Umbra Trigg Hanging Planter Vase & Geometric Wall Decor Container
Add a breath of fresh air into your home with these geometric wall decor containers that are perfect for planting tiny succulents! Designed by Moe Takemura for Umbra, Trigg is the original geometric vessel with a simple, elegant design that adds a touch of contemporary style to your home. Liven up your living space with these pockets of nature that can hold small succulents, air plants, mini cactus, faux succulents, faux sedums or other small plants or flowers. Crafted from ceramic and wire. Shop at Amazon.
7. Umbra Anigram Animal Ring Holder for Jewelry (3-Pack: Bunny, Reindeer and Elephant), Copper
Keep your dresser organized with this collection of not one, not two, but three adorable Umbra Anigram animal ring holders. Each of these whimsical creatures can store multiple rings of various sizes. They are petite and take up little space to avoid clutter on your dresser, bedside, or dressing room. It features a shiny metal copper finish that is sleek and very pleasing to the eye. Perfect as a gift for Mother’s Day, too! Shop at Amazon.
8. Indianshelf Handmade 2-Piece New Kid Cloud Ceramic Turquoise Dresser Knobs
If you’re the type to DIY your child’s nursery, then get your hands on this handmade dresser knob that’s perfectly shaped into a whimsical little cloud! Each knob from Indianshelf is handmade and polished to perfection, with contemporary designs that are perfect for cabinets, dressers, drawers, and more. It’s easy to install and long-lasting, so you don’t have to replace them at all. Shop at Amazon.
9. BIGA Hello Welcome Door Mat
Let your front door do the talking with this door mat that features a warm “Hello” greeting up front. This anti-slip doormat is perfect for any porch, patio, garage, or front door. It is made of polyethylene and TPR and measures 30”X18”. Cleaning is a breeze, as you only need to wash it using a garden hose. It’s a nice finishing touch to any front porch. Shop at Amazon.
10. Wintefei Multicolor Tropical Leaves Print Throw Pillow Case
This charmingly delightful throw pillow case features a plethora of wild and vibrant colors that will breathe new life into your living space. It is made of polyester peachskin and is great for decorating living rooms, bedrooms, offices, waiting areas, or anywhere there’s a comfortable couch. Measures 45cm x 45cm. Shop at Amazon.
At the Teelie Blog, we offer daily inspiration on home improvement, health and wellness, makeup and beauty, and more. We’ve curated some of our home improvement stories in the links below for more awesome ideas for your living spaces.
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.