Skincare need not be expensive. In fact, you can simply create skincare recipes even when you’re at home. These DIY skincare are easy to create even if you’re at home. Creating your own skincare products using natural and organic ingredients may be better than purchasing products from drugstores as you may not be fully aware of the ingredients that were used to make them. You can try these DIY skincare recipes that use all-natural ingredients that you can find in your own home.
Oatmeal and Brown Sugar Facial Scrub
Facial scrubs are a great way to pamper yourself. What’s great about a DIY facial scrub is that you can do it while you’re in the comforts of your own home. Facial scrubs can help in removing dirt and dead skin cells from your face. They can also aid in softening the skin as well as reducing the appearance of blemishes and red spots. For this recipe, all you need are the following:
1 tablespoon of organic brown sugar, fine
1 tablespoon of organic oatmeal, fine
1 tablespoon of honey, raw
1 tablespoon of jojoba oil, organic
2 drops of frankincense essential oil
2 drops of geranium essential oil
1 drop of lavender essential oil
1. Using a coffee grinder or blender, you can grind the oatmeal and brown sugar into fine powders.
2. Add the jojoba oil, raw honey, and essential oils to the powder mixture and mix well.
3. Using warm water, wet your face.
4. Apply an ample amount of the scrub on your face and massage your face using a circular motion for a few minutes.
5. Leave the scrub on your face for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Once done, rinse your face with warm water and pat dry using a clean towel.
You can shop for the ingredients here:
1. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Rolled Oats, $22.99 at Amazon 2. Woodstock Organic Brown Sugar, $9.10 at Amazon 3. Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Raw & Unfiltered Honey, $12.08 at Amazon 4. Viva Naturals Organic Jojoba Oil, $11.99 at Amazon 5. Plant Therapy Frankincense Serrate Essential Oil, $11.95 at Amazon 6. Plant Therapy Geranium Egyptian Essential Oil, $9.95 at Amazon 7. Plant Therapy Lavender Essential Oil, $6.49 at Amazon
Honey Lemon Face Mask
This DIY face mask is ideal for every skin type. It helps clean the skin and clear out acne and pimples. It also helps soothe skin irritation, redness, and improves the skin’s dryness. Create this face mask using the following ingredients:
½ fresh lemon or a few drops of lemon oil
2 teaspoons of Manuka honey
1. In a small bowl, squeeze the lemon juice out of the lemon.
2. Mix in the honey.
3. Stir well until it reaches the consistency of cough syrup.
4. Clean and wash your face.
5. Apply the face mask mixture onto your freshly clean face.
6. Avoid exfoliating before using this mask as the lemon in the mixture will make it sting.
7. Let the mask stay for 20 minutes before rinsing it off.
Shop for the ingredients here:
Coffee Body Scrub
Creating your very own coffee scrub is inexpensive yet effective in exfoliating the skin. Coffee has many health benefits, including the miraculous wonders it could do for the skin. Aside from its exfoliating properties, it is also known for reducing the appearance of cellulite. Create this coffee scrub recipe using these ingredients:
½ cup of coffee grounds
¼ cup of brown sugar
¼ cup of coconut oil
1. In an airtight container, mix all the ingredients together until they’re well blended.
2. Use this mixture before you take a shower.
3. Scrub it all over your body and massage it onto your skin.
4. Avoid using it on your face as the coconut oil may clog your pores.
5. Once you’re done, rinse the mixture off and take a shower.
6.You can store the leftover scrub in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Shop for all the ingredients here:
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.