One of the most fun (and admittedly tedious but very rewarding) part of expecting a baby is decorating the nursery. From determining a theme to picking out furniture pieces and accessories, the journey to completing a nursery is fun, collaborative, and rewarding. Before we explore some of the cutest accessories for your Spring-themed nursery, here are a few tips on how to design your nursery from scratch.
- Stay flexible. Choose a theme that’s not too specific so you can change it up down the road. Select a paint color that goes well with several color palettes so you have room to change your mind. If you’re choosing to find out your child’s gender on your birth date, go for colors that are neutral and that goes well with accents for either girls or boys.
- Think green. When we say green, we mean clean. Go for paints that are water-based and non-toxic to ensure your child’s safety and health.
- Go for classic furniture pieces. As with selecting paint, go for cribs, nursing chairs, and changing tables that have neutral colors that can go with almost any color palette. Go for comfort over style and make sure that your nursing chair is one you’ll absolutely love sitting in. After all, it’s a chair that you’ll spend a lot of time in in the coming months.
- Invest in space and storage. You’ll need as much of these as you can in the coming months. Make sure that storage bins are arranged carefully and systematically. Ensure that everything is within reach from the nursing chair and the changing table. Accessibility is key.
- Create an atmosphere of comfort with soft lighting. Not only will it help your child fall asleep faster and without distractions, it can also be soothing for him or her. Invest in a dimmer switch so you can easily check on your child without having to fully turn on the lights.
Here are some of the cutest accessories for your Spring-themed nursery that you can invest in as you design your room for the coming little one. Dive in!
1. Pottery Barn Kids Crib Fitted Sheet
Bedtime becomes more whimsical with this charming Dakota Baby Bedding that features detailed animal print and pastel trees. Let your child sleep on the softest bedding ever that’s made of pure, organic cotton percale. It’s Oeko-Tex® Certified to be free from chemicals and synthetics, so you’re sure your baby is safe from any harsh materials. The quilt is expertly stitched by hand and yarn-dyed, which means the fibers are treated individually with environmentally-safe dyes, making for long lasting vibrancy and color. The bedding features percale weave that is tightly woven for a soft matte finish. Its bumper is made of 100% Belgian flax that is stronger and more lustrous than cotton. When choosing bedding for your child, go for a fitted sheet that is safe and does not have extra frills that might serve as a choking hazard. This product has a Organic Content Standard (OCS) certification to ensure safety. Shop at Pottery Barn Kids.
2. Anthropologie Bunny + Carrot Garland
Perfect for Easter and Spring, this super cute bunny and carrot garland will put a spring in your step this season. Brighten up your nursery with this garland that alternately features a bunny and a carrot! Each piece in the garland is expertly sewn and features intricate detail that gives a whimsical look to any nursery. The carrots are brightly colored orange and feature a lush green stalk, while the bunnies feature super cute whiskers, pink ears, and white eyeglasses for a smart, sharp look. This item is made of wool and polyester fill. Shop at Anthropologie.
3. Macrame Play Gym
Let your child explore the world with this Macrame Play Gym, which features height-adjustable birch wood frame finished with non-toxic stains and lacquers. Each macrame toy is lovingly hand-knotted and made of organic cotton rope that’s perfectly safe for your little one. Engage your baby’s senses through texture and tactile sensation while you sit comfortably on your nursing chair to catch a breather. Shop at Anthropologie.
4. Anthropologie Milestone Pennants, Set of 14
If you love celebrating your baby’s milestones on Instagram, then this is a must-have for you. These charming pennants celebrate each step of your baby’s growth and are a super cute addition to any nursery. Celebrate every month with these super cute pennants that are great this Spring and beyond. Shop at Anthropologie.
5. Ice Cream Pendulum Clock
Time seems to stop when you’re with your baby and you’d give anything to slow it down because they all grow so fast! This charming clock is crafted in the shape of a frozen treat that everyone loves! It features a pendulum in the shape of a cone that swings with each passing moment. It’s crafted from laser cut Baltic birch plywood printed with non-toxic, water-based inks, which is perfect for any nursery. Look closer and the cone has a whimsical smile that you and your baby will truly love. Shop at Uncommon Goods.
6. Emily & Merritt Wingback Ottoman, Premium Performance Awning in Stripe Gray
Choosing a nursery chair can be tricky. Of course, it has to be super comfortable when you are or aren’t nursing your little one. It should be versatile enough to be a space for some me time while watching your baby sleep. This convertible rocker features a sturdy, solid wood frame and plush, extra-supportive padding. Crafted alongside fashion designers Emily Current and Meritt Elliott, this rocker and ottoman is expertly crafted with sturdy rubber wood legs and hand-applied rocker rails in Driftwood finish. This set is upholstered in premium performance Awning Stripe Gray fabric. Shop at Pottery Barn Kids.
7. Nursery Works Menagerie 3D Zoe the Deer Wall Art
Let your nursery come to life with this whimsical deer wall art that’s 3D! Find joy in bringing these gentle creatures into your nursery with this Zoe the Deer wall art that’s fun to admire. This paper bust is also great for storytelling! Shop at Bed Bath & Beyond.
8. Critter Storage Basket
Every nursery needs lots of storage. This critter storage basket brings the woodlands into your nursery with its rattan and wicker material that’s great for piling used clothes, toys, or anything you’d like to temporarily store. It also comes with a handy handle that makes it easy to transport anywhere in your home. Shop at Anthropologie.
9. 3R Studios Cotton Weighted Dog Door Stop
Who’s a good boy? This super cute doorstop comes in a form of a charming little dog. He’ll patiently keep the door open and wait for you while you nurse or spend time with your little one. This dog-shaped door stopper doubles as adorably cute home decor that is an absolute delight to use. It also features a cheery, chic pattern that fits right into your nursery. Made of cotton and weighs 2.12 lbs. Shop at Target.
10. Chestnut Paper Origami Lampshade in Canary Yellow by Nellianna
Lovingly handmade and folded with utmost precision, this origami lampshade is perfect for your little one’s nursery because it has a whimsical look and feel to it. The lampshade features a cornered exterior and a curved interior that’s totally unexpected, like a chestnut! It is made of special FSC paper of the type Butterfly and features strong folds and curved folds on the inside that plays with the light, providing a smooth, cozy light for your nursery. Shop at Etsy.
The Teelie Blog archive has lots of stories for your home improvement and interior decorating. Make sure to follow us and keep us in your bookmarks for more great deals on home essentials and stylish pieces. Check out these stories from our archive for more on how to make your home more livable.
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.