Fiestas are all about food, family and fun. As the countdown to Cinco de Mayo begins, the excitement is building up and everyone is awaiting the colorful parades, music, food and drinks. However, don’t let the excitement wash down your creative fuel as spicing up your home is a great way to settle into the celebrations. Here are some tips on how to plan for your Cinco De Mayo celebration.
- Amp up your home decor – Festive decorations including traditional papel picado banners and other colorful Mexican themed cutouts can be lined up as flags, both inside and out to welcome guests and serve as a nice backdrop for picture taking. Succulents, confetti and wide, circular multicolor paper fans are also a great way to go. Prepare photo booth props as well to get the Instagram worthy photos going. Color themes include hot pink, citrus orange, lime green,vibrant blue and purple.
- Sombreros for everyone!- Feel free to welcome your guests by giving them sombreros to wear! Letting everyone have their own unique hat makes things more exciting and memorable for all. You can even decorate hats according to your friend’s personality.
- Mix and match – Get the food and drinks going! Don’t be afraid to show off your serving skills! Margaritas, tacos, fruit punch, fish fingers, you name it! Build your own snack table, with Cinco de Mayo themed cutlery and of course the main appetizers. Let guests enjoy a wide variety of snacks and dips with your appetizers and have dessert ready as well.
- Sounds and Salsa – Maximize the feel of the party by putting on some salsa music. Have a playlist ready of songs everyone can dance and jive to. Beats keep the energy up and are good for socializing with new people and who knows? You might learn a few cha cha moves along the way.
- Dessert De Mayo – Once the guests are done with the savory stuff, it’s time to tickle their sweet tooth with some dessert. You can go with the classic Tres Leches cake, a Cinco De Mayo superstar dessert, made from eggs, flour, milk and cream. Top this off with dulce de leche, cream frosting and fresh fruits and your guests are sure to flock to the dessert table. You can also have cupcakes with Cinco de Mayo themed toppers.
Now that you got these tips, here are some essentials in hosting your Cinco De Mayo Party.
Cinco De Mayo Party Essentials
1. Emuya Mexican Fiesta Party Decorations
Set the scene with one whole package! Check out this set of party decorations from Emuya. This fiesta decoration set features all the essentials you’ll need in decorating your home. Set includes colorful papel picado banners, flower Tissue Pom poms,striped Paper Fans, striped and solid Paper Fans and sticky dots for you to easily hang the decorations around. Product also includes golden letter balloons that spell out the word FIESTA, perfect for a dining hall centerpiece. Shop at Amazon.
2. Sumind Fiesta Theme Party Balloons
Celebrate with some cactus cuteness! Take a look at these themed party balloons from Sumind. Made from high quality aluminum film, these adorable balloons capture the Mexican festival theme in cute little designs, good for a fun and memorable Cinco de Mayo celebration for adults and kids alike. Set includes two pieces taco foil balloons, two pieces cactus foil mylar balloons, two pieces llama foil balloons, two pieces avocado foil balloons, two pieces fiesta round foil balloons and two pieces avocado pattern round foil balloons. Shop at Amazon.
3. TURNMEON Cinco De Mayo Gnomes Plush Decorations
There’s gnome place like home for the holidays! Welcome the celebrations with these Cinco De Mayo Gnome Decorations from TURNMEON. Made from polyester, fiber, soft felt and artificial hair, these adorable gnomes are sure to bring in good luck and positive energy with their festive green and orange outfits with a detachable skirt,, sombrero hats, button noses and crocheted musical instruments on their hands, one with a maracas and one with a guitar. Feet are filled with sand for stability and easy placement. Set comes with two gnome decorations. Shop at Amazon.
4. Joyousa Fiesta Party Cinco de Mayo Straw Set
Add a creative flair when serving your drinks with this Cinco de Mayo Straw Set from Joyousa. Made from biodegradable material, these straws are sure to create a fun vibe and make drinks more instagrammable with its unique artist rendered designs. Designs include mini sombrero, cactus, taco and piñata. Set includes 28 straws.Shop at Amazon.
5. Triumpeek 55-inch Inflatable Cactus Cooler
For a novelty centerpiece that keeps your drinks cold grab this Inflatable Cactus Cooler from Triumpeek. Made from premium PVC, this stylish cactus cooler features a funny moustache and a detachable sombrero, making it an eye catching addition to any party. Big enough to serve a lot of drinks, this cooler also has a leak proof air valve and is foldable for easy storage and usage. Shop at Amazon.
More Cinco De Mayo Essentials for Your Party
1. Prestee Plastic Margarita Glasses 12 oz. in Assorted Colors
For a versatile set of colorful margarita glasses you can use for any occasion, check out these plastic margarita glasses from Prestee. Made from thick, shatterproof recyclable plastic and glass , these glasses are a fantastic way to join in the festivities and enjoy the drinks with its signature margarita glass design and vibrant colors. Set includes 48 glasses, 8 each of the following colors: Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Amber and Pink. Shop at Amazon.
2. JOYIN Mini Donkey Pinatas in Rainbow Color, Set of 3
A Cinco de Mayo party is not complete without Piñatas! Get yourself this set of Mini Donkey Piñatas from JOYIN. Mad eof eco friendly cardboard and tissue paper, these Piñatas are sure to let your party hit the homerun with its funky rainbow design, back stickers and an easy hang loop. Shop at Amazon.
3. Joyousa Mexican Table Centerpiece Set Party Decorations, 10 Pack
Boost the bonding feels with these Centerpiece party decoration set from Joyousa. Made from thick stock cardboard, these fiesta themed decorations feature high quality bold prints, vivid colors, and traditional Mexican designs, ideal for table area decor. Designs include, jalapeños wearing sombreros, tacos, succulents, maracas and a Calavera. Set includes 10 pieces. Shop at Amazon.
4. Mexican Fiesta Hanging Swirl Decorations, 20 Pieces
Amp up the atmosphere with these Hanging Swirl Decorations from Mexican Fiesta. Made from high quality stock cardboard and foil, these swirly hanging decorations feature a double printed, two sided designs classic Mexican festive items to brighten the party even more. Set includes 20 pieces, four of each of the following designs: Mexican Chicken Roll,
Mexican sombrero, Cactus, Mexican Cinco Rainbow Donkeys and a Guitar. Shop at Amazon.
5. P1nkpopp Cinco De Mayo Cupcake Toppers, 144 Pieces
It’s Cupcake o’clock! Serve up your desserts with an extra celebratory touch with these Cinco De Mayo Cupcake Toppers from P1nkpopp. Made from food grade paper and toothpicks, these adorable toppers feature a variety of high quality Cinco de Mayo themed designs, perfect for decorating desserts and other appetizers. Set includes 144 Pieces. Shop at Amazon.
Want more Cinco de Mayo ideas? Then head over to the links below. Sign up for our newsletter today as well.
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.